Friday, March 20, 2009

Star Trek world premiere at Sydney Opera House


So some very excited news for my closet geek side, the world premiere of J.J. Abrams' Star Trek is going to take place here at Sydney's very own Opera House. Word is that J.J. Abrams and cast members Eric Bana, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Karl Urban will all be in attendance to introduce the film in the Concert Hall. The event is going to take place on 7 April and you better believe I'm getting ticket and interview requests in today. Big kudos to the team at Paramount Pictures Australia for this huge score.

It's not something I go about broadcasting but I definitely have a big soft spot for Star Trek and would love to see it get back up on its feet after the last couple of disappointing Next Gen efforts. As if I wasn't already hyped enough by the prospect of Abrams at the helm, the trailers have just looked spectacular so far, I really hope this one doesn't disappoint. Check out the latest trailer after the bump, it looks epic!


0 comments: